Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tina's Bridal Shower

IMG_2464

This past weekend was Tina's bridal shower and it was such a fun event! Tina is one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world and I love seeing her get spoiled like this.

IMG_2360

They did all desserts at the shower which immediately won me over. Lots of the desserts came from Cinnamon Productions in Rancho Santa Margarita and I can't wait to go there for lunch or dinner.

Amaretto cake in these lucsious layers. I'm a fan of anything almond.

IMG_2361

Lemon cake surrounded by a ton of different kinds of brownies. I had the oreo ones.

IMG_2362

Where to even start with this? We'll start at the bottom which was a cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, then a layer of custard and topped off with lovely glazed fruit.

I'm still thinking about it.

IMG_2363

I can't even remember how many layers this was... or how many times I came by and shaved off a corner piece and then very elegantly ate it with my fingers.

IMG_2365

Assorted cookies and biscotti.

IMG_2367

Ginormous strawberries with powdered sugar for dipping.

IMG_2366

I love tables like this. :)

IMG_2370

I love these cupcakes!!

IMG_2371

So pretty and colorful, they would be perfet for so many occasions. Like hey, it's Wednesday, let's get one of these cupcakes!

IMG_2372

The tables outside had lovely flower arrangements. I do love spider mums.

IMG_2375

White roses are always classic and beautiful.

IMG_2378

Here we are playing the only game of the day (YAY!) and I have to say this was a lot of fun. Its one of those how well do you know so-and-so games. Our table did really well. Tina's sister won and Stacey and I came close.

IMG_2383

What a great idea for a present! This came from Tina's future mother-in-law.

IMG_2392

This is what I look like when someone steals my camera. This means, Hey! I'm supposed to be taking pictures of you... not the other way around! This was taken by Teenage Librarian, sneaky thing she is.

IMG_2395

Then on to the present opening! I love watching people opening present but I don't like to be in the hot seat. Everyone staring.... everyone staring.... I wouldn't be very good at public speaking.

IMG_2417

Lingerie! This wasn't actually what I got her but I made sure my purchase would be a bit racey but not completely XX rated. Nothing edible... but she did get flushed and a bit embarassed so I feel my job was done.

IMG_2448

What bride doesn't like jewelry?

IMG_2476

These are Tina's cousins and aunts. While Tina was opening presents, her cousin on the left was writing down phrases that she was saying and then put them into a dialogue of what she would say on her wedding night.

Very funny is all I have to say. It could be totally g-rated... or not.

IMG_2473

The blushing bride. She had the cutest outfit on... wait, I need to find a picture with her shoes.

IMG_2475

Perfect, no?

IMG_2487

Lisa, Celeste, Tina and Cat (Kat?). We're gearing up for round 2 of the sweets.

IMG_2489

Here we are with Lexi and her stuffed animals. Oh and on the right is Courtney (Teenage Librarian) who also Tina's sister.

I can't wait for the wedding on June 5th!

18 comments:

  1. Great fun and those cupcakes ARE the cutest! Did those come from that bakery as well? Do they deliver, say cross country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those desserts, look absolutely scrumptious. The cheesecake would have been my pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcakes are so cute these days, as well as every other dessert on the planet. But, I just weighed myself yesterday at the midwife, and well, it wasn't pretty...
    Her dress and shoes are adorable. She's adorable. I bet her wedding will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was some table!! :) Those cupcakes are just lovely... and the bride-to-be? Just gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes are so pretty! Isn't it fun to do our part to insure that the bride is blushing! Ha ha! She's such a pretty girl.
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right I won the game woo!!!!!

    Now why did you post all those picture of the FOOD?!?! I want some more of that cheesecake... Field trip to Cinnamon Productions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! And Tina's shoes are awesome. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and adorable, I found myself saying Aw after each picture. Truly a great way to spend a Bridal shower and showing us all how much they have progressed since we were first married, many, many moons ago.

    You look so beautiful too! Glad to see some of your pre-mommy shots.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun day: Friends, presents, and of course, lots of great FOOD!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow wee girl, I think I need to go to that bakery just to pick up something for the pool man!! great shower, so pretty, love the bride to be's dress...yellow, swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh the desserts look awesome. I gained 10 pounds just reading the post. And now I have to go and back something just to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay can I go to the next shower with you? The food looked beautiful!!! As well as all you sweet young girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great shower! Lovely setting ... great friends and families and OMG ... Those desserts!
    The bride is beautiful ...

    You look terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie pie you have for a friend. Gorgeous shower. All those sweets were making me drool! Those cupcakes looked to pretty to eat:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the idea of having a dessert shower. I would've been ill from overeating though. I know I would've run for anything chocolate and then, anything cheesecake and then, anything chewy...so there was nothing there that would be safe! LOL

    I also loved the table settings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is TOTALLY my kind of party! The food looks FABULOUS and you all threw a beautiful shower! What a great group of friends you are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to fall on that dessert table with my mouth open! That chocolate cake!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun time!! The desserts looked sooooo good!! Tina is gorgeous--that buttery yellow dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips