Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 2, 2010

Funny Runny Babbit

P1070180

After a lovely day kayaking, B and I were walking down the street when we spotted something on the grass.

What is that?

P1070178

Well, a rabbit of course. A rabbit...with a harness....on a leash....tethered to a stake... near the park....on the corner of the main street.

Why didn't I think of that?

P1070179

When I bent down it came hopping right over and let me pet its soft, soft fur.

But when B bent down it nuzzled right into his hand and stayed for a while.

We looked around for its owner (who may have been in the motorhome a step or two away) and laughed at the funny scene.

Taupo-Christchurch 061

When we walked away the runny babbit just spread right out to enjoy the afternoon sun.

Taupo-Christchurch 062

KUGS AND HISSES
Runny said, "I'm lonesome,
I feel so glad and soomy.
I need some kugs and hisses--
Now, who's gonna give 'em to me?"
"I will," said Polly Dorkupine
"'Cause you're cute as a rug in a bug."
Said Runny, "Well, I'll kake the tiss,
But never hind the mug."
~Shel Silverstein


Taupo-Christchurch 065

Oh runny babbit, are you taking a nap or saying a prayer?

20 comments:

  1. A rabbit with a harness. As my Grandma Pringle would say, "Well I never!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is to funny! My Hubby's brother had a huge rabbit for 4-H growing up, and it had free run of their backyard. He said you could go outside and whistle for it like a dog, and it would come running! Crazy! I had a rabbit as a kid, too. She peed on my Mom's neck one day. I didn't have her very long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so strange and cute and just adorable! He looked soooo soft. How weird that he was sitting there just for you. It's like an Easter Bunny miracle or something;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling post! I love that poem - it seemed strangely familiar. We have a runny babbit of our very own. She needs a safe place to play outside :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... that reminds me of our bunny. God rest her little wabbity soul.. we had a harness and leash so my kids could walk her around the yard. LOL I thought it was the funniest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet is that bunny, looks so soft...I would have taken him home, I mean not really, but you know I would have though about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Runny Babbit! One of my favorite Shel Silverstein poems! :) and books. :)

    Super cute bunny! I think I need a bunny now.. but I'm not sure if my cats would eat him/her :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Runny Babbit!
    What a sweet unexpected treat ... And you had your camera! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, she is so sweet!! But in a harness? I didn't even know they make harnesses for rabbits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Just in time for Easter. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last picture is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a sweet little Bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And Silverstein is always a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww cute! I want a pet rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww so cute and so random! Love these photos - I feel like I could almost reach out and feel his fuzzy amber fur!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute! I think he has a bit of a halo happening in that last photo. : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips