Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cupcakes Couture of Manhattan Beach

IMG_2266

We haven't talked about cupcakes in a while, have we?

A while back I was at a little event... actually I was a hair model for Bumble and Bumble to demonstrate a bob using a razor... and I managed to take a gazillion pictures of cupcakes and none of my hair. :) I know.

IMG_2248

Ladies and Gentlemen, please meet the star of our show... Cupcake Couture of Manhattan Beach!

Some lovely lady brought this in for us and I was immediately smitten. Kim (the wonder woman who did my wedding hair and continued to primp me all that day) called me over knowing I would want to take pictures.

IMG_2249

I didn't buy the cupcakes and resisted the urge to bite into all of them so I can only guess at the flavors. Their website will show pictures of the cupcakes as well as descriptions but my computer is not currently allowing me to see those pictures.

This one is called Glitz & Glamour: roasted vanilla bean cake with creamy vanilla frosting and garnished with a candied vanilla bean. Just look at all those little curls!

IMG_2255

I thought it rude to touch other people food so I didn't poke this. But look how dark those curls are. Are they chocolate? Are they cookie?

IMG_2267

The boxes come wrapped in hot pink and black ribbon. Very cute!

IMG_2263

Cupcake Couture features both "Couture" cupcakes and "Designer" Cupcakes (that you see in these pictures). An example of a couture cupcake is their Sunday Mimosa Cupcake. This is a champagne cake filled with blood orange curd, topped with marscarpone citrus frosting and garnished with blood orange caviar. The couture cupcakes are much larger.

IMG_2265

Doesn't that frosting look so creamy? Is it mocha? Peanut butter? Coffee?

IMG_2259

This is the Little Miss Shortcake. Kim loved it. Strawberry cake filled with strawberry preserves, topped with whipped french vanilla frosting and a macaron.

IMG_2270

I chose the Caramel Apple and it was heavenly. I love the piece of apple roll-up on the top.

IMG_2273

The cake was moist and filled with an applie pie filling of sorts.

I wish I lived closer to Manhattan Beach!

18 comments:

  1. Mmm....I like it when we talk about cupcakes...maybe I should start a new hobby, cupcake decorating! Imagine all the wonderful result and leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay off the subject are those your real nails? Cuz im just saying theyre awesome. I love the cupcake couture idea, I think they are about the cutest cupcakes in the whole world. You should eat one for the baby. Or two. I want to be a hair model and look awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Designer cupcakes...who would have known. They look way too rich for me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o.m.g. :::drooling::: yummy. I heart cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gurgle gurgle gurgle... That's me drowning in my drool, gross, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh flippin' heck! Now that's all I want to eat for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink curls for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! I'd be in deep doo-doo if I lived in Manhattan Beach. Golly bum those look good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn,

    These look amazing but seem to be so pricey to me. I went to a cupcake store in Corona and these would run about $6.00 each. Is that about right?

    The sad thing is that my brother visits Manhattan Beach alot and I may have to ask him to stop by!

    If you get a chance, stop by and participate in some of my giveaways, most of them end this weekend! I'd love to have you join!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...mmm, mmm, mmm!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, totally drooling! Check out this Nor Cal shop which specializes in cupcakes: http://jamesandthegiantcupcake.blogspot.com/
    My co-worker's husband has been doing photography for them, so we have been enjoying some free samples...including Cookie Monster, Elmo, Peppermint Patty and others. SOOOOOO YUMMY! Glad you are feeling more energetic these days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it wrong to covet thy neighbor's cupcake??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM AND A HALF. That apple one looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm kind of in heaven over this post... cupcakes... (drool)

    I still wanna see that hair though... if you can manage that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I did too! One Glitz and Glamour pulleeeeez!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How on Earth did you not buy every single one of them?!?!?? You've given me another thing to add to my Bucket List. I think I must visit Cupcakes Couture for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want the vanilla one! I LOVE vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so beautiful!!!! I love them! I want to taste them all!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips