Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 11, 2009

Proud to be an American

I'm on a marathon of posts... but I realized last night after I scheduled this mornings invitation post.. that it is September 11th today.

I'm sorry I didn't prepare anything. Wedding invitations seem trivial. But in a way it makes me happy to know that life goes on. I know that the events of this day 8 years ago have not been forgotten. I can remember majority of the day with perfect clarity. I'm sure so many of you can.

I listen to this song and it makes me smile every time.



There are also a few very good 9/11 tributes to this song. But, they make me cry and I just can't be sitting here crying at work. You can find them on you tube.

Besides, right this moment I don't want to remember the news coverage, I don't want to remember the panic. I want to remember the heros and the people we lost and to honor them. I want to remember how we came together in the aftermath.

I want them to know they have not been forgotten. I am going to celebrate my freedom today.

OK, go hug somebody, call someone you haven't talked to in a while, eat chocolate, spread joy, embrace your freedom, make cupcakes...you know, embrace life and all that stuff!

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it hard to believe that was 8 years ago? I can remember everything I was doing that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my very favorite songs, and I am old enough to remember it when it was a hit the first time.

    On this day our family thinks about the fact that my brother-in-law was on the way to WTC 1 for a meeting, but had just left when the attacks began. HHBL and I also think about our friend George who looked out his window in the WTC and had time to say, "Hey, that's an airplane" and then all was chaos. We are very grateful that he survived the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...embrace life. That's what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is precious so from that, I now know that to live life at its fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post :) I also love that song...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Dandy, I think your absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we need to remember that pride we all felt that day and remember how we looked after and cared for one another. We need to bring that feeling back and once again become one nation under God and indivisible once more.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. That song always gives me chills. It says it all.
    It talks about respect.

    Lately I think our country needs a bit of a lesson on that most important topic.

    Thank you, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't ever forget.
    This video makes me cry too. Everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I know. I love that song, too. My favorite, though, is singing the national anthem.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips