Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

107th Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade!

IMG_6114

Yesterday was just another fantastic parade.  
I've been every year for as long as I can remember.

Picnik collage

This year was a little bit different as we arrived later and 
we had both the Peanut and my great-aunt Mina with us.

We separated from my mom and Titi (as in tia, meaning aunt) so we could make our way further down the parade route.
Some very nice men lifted Titi's wheelchair up and onto the greenbelt where they had staked out a space to celebrate and watch the parade. 

You have no idea how much preparation it takes to get these spaces.

We were walking in the heat while Titi was getting spoiled with ice cold water and chocolate dipped strawberries!  I love it.

Picnik collage

As usual the people watching was fantastic.
This guy was riding his bike around and pulling this stereo. 
He was so much fun!  Apparently, not everyone agrees.
It wasn't until I was sorting pics that I noticed the lady covering her ears. :)

The bottom left shows some kid's lemonade stand.  I'm dying to know how much money they made!

I had to take a picture of this dad with TWO bike seats on his bike!  In front is the WeeRide and in back is a traditional seat.

If we have another then this will be B because I can barely keep myself upright, let alone carrying kids.

IMG_6082

This house always has people on the roof!  

Along with bikes, bikes and more bikes.

Picnik collage

It's surprisingly hard to be patriotic without someone losing an eye.

Picnik collage

I love the planes.  Every year I watch the planes and helicopters like a little kid.

IMG_6105

Every year I wave to the veterans, swallow the lump in my throat, 
sniffle a little bit and clap like a mad woman.

Picnik collage

Peanut likes to cheer too!

I totally want to drive that big wagon around town.  
Yes, it is street legal, the inside is a 57 chevy.

It's hard to see but that poodle is actually dyed.
Blue ears and a big red heart on it's back.  That is one patriotic pup.

IMG_6162

Of course B loves to see the bikes, bikes and more bikes.

Picnik collage

On the left:  Snoopy enthusiastically waving to the kids!
On the right: B's impersonation of what Snoopy looks like on the inside.

Man, it was hot out.

IMG_6131

This would be so much sweeter without the giant boogie in his nostril.

Picnik collage

Old school fire engine!

The whole thing was incredible, click on it for a closer look.

Titi Mina & Ryder... a 4 generation spread :)

One of my favorite shots of the day.

This picture spans four generations.

IMG_6113

This shot was pretty hard to beat too.

Happy Birthday USA!

4 comments:

  1. Love Aunt Mina and Little B!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that's a parade. love that last pic and all those bikes. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the Huntington Beach parade! My husband's "aunt" has a party every year to watch it, but she's redecorating this year so we didn't go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! B doing the Snoopy inside the costume impersonation! AHHA! Still laughing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips