Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Extreme Nesting: Apartment Edition

IMG_6564

Sorry for my absence here and on all of your blogs! I haven't read any blogs in nearly 2 weeks and haven't checked my email in a week. I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend. I've been in extreme nesting mode, had a baby shower for me, attended a baby shower for a friend and will be attending another one on Sunday.

I'm at my parents today to use their internet (and do laundry among other things) as I disconnected everything a yesterday so we could clean the carpets.

I could do an entire post on carpet cleaning. I love it. I mean, it's a huge hassle but it's incredibly gratifying. I'm always impressed on how much it helps to clean the filthy parts, which is basically our entire living room. Our carpet wasn't new when we moved in so I have no idea how old it is. I'm equally amazed and horrified by the amount of dirt that comes up from the "clean" parts of the carpet. I pour out the dirty water and make B look every time. "Look! Look at how dirty our white carpet really is!"

We bought a Subaru Forester last Friday and I'm loving it. This means we won't have to ride with the baby in our laps while driving the Tacoma. It's just not done anymore. People have this thing with safety. I think B is pretty excited to have his vehicle back to himself now too.

IMG_6565

The weirdest part about having the car is that there is a car seat in it. There is a car seat in my car.

I repeat, there is a car seat in my car.

For a baby.

That I'm due to have in the next couple of weeks. Is this really happening?

IMG_6570

I consider the vehicle part of the extreme nesting. I also have a master cleaning list and it goes something like this:

Kitchen: floors (sweep, vacuum, clean), cupboard organization, cupboard fronts, inside refrigerator, all appliances, under sink, wash down blinds, get spot on ceiling near corner (what is that?), scrub stove inserts, check expiration dates, wipe down all bottles, etc. I'm resisting the urge to label everything. I had a list for every room (thank goodness we are in an apartment) and I think I'll have everything done except for cleaning the inside of the oven. I just don't wanna.

I'm thinking that this may be the only time, ever that my entire apartment is clean at the same time. I should have everything done by this Saturday and then we'll see what other lists I can come up with.

How is everyone else doing?

8 comments:

  1. There's a car seat in your car, there's a car seat in your car and you're having a baby in 15 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or considering that you're in extreme nesting mode, probably sooner! And before long, we'll all get to meet Peanut. Can.not.wait.

    Did you know you're having a baby? : )

    Love the car. I can see you zipping around with the Peanut snug and secure in the back. And, it's nice and comfy for long trips. Say, like to Canada....

    :) me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a car seat in the car!!!! I need to put our 2nd one in, but Hubby is debating selling our current SUV and upgrading to a suburban or something. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to keep child #1 from pelting child #2 and still be able to sit in the backseat with them both if need be. Complicashuns. ;) I think I've hit the end of the energy line. I have no'mo. I'm done. Spent. Tired. And my yoohoo hurts like there's a ton of bricks in places bricks shouldn't be....Today they told me I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. That is practically like not even being pregnant at all, I was disappointed. So I went and had a pedicure today, I hope the gal mashed some pressure points real good...THAT is how I'm doing. ;)
    Isn't it gross how dirty carpet padding gets? Gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting close. That major nesting thing is kicking in. It always happens right when you are due.

    Could you send me your address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn,

    I think it's wonderful that you are in your nesting stage and I am sure that talking to moms everywhere its another sign your close to delivering. Can't wait to see Peanut when he finally emerges and love your newest 4 wheel addition to your family.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm missing you but hey, guess what? YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!

    I'm going to just keep saying that forever. Oh. I mean... until you have little peanuty sweetness himself.

    I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking about you today and wondering......if Peanut had arrived earlier than expected, you had been so quiet.

    And welcome to the Subaru Cult..uh, I mean family. I have a Tibeca and I will never go back! Coco and I are an item.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great car! I love the car seat. And yeah...what the heck?! Are you having a baby or something?! I wish I could enlist a 9 months pregnant lady to come over and clean my house. This nesting instinct needs to be bottled and sold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Subaru... and the carseat makes it even better ;) Missed you! I was worried Peanut had arrived. Phew! After all the stuff is complete on your list, its peanut time!lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips