Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I have P.I.I.

IMG_0724
It's a serious condition.
I may need medication and I'm not sure how long I'll have to take it.

P.I.I. kept me up last night.  I was helpless against it's powers.

It kept me from being in control of my own mind.
I fought against it.  I struggled.  But P.I.I won the battle.

Screen Shot 2011-08-15 at 10.00.47 PM

It's Pinterest Induced Insomnia.

It's what happens when I'm on Pinterest before bed.
Despite the fact that Peanut has been awful at night lately.
Actually lets talk about that for a second.

Peanut has been terrible.  We had a good week of him sleeping 8-10 hours a night.
Following that we had 2 weeks where he cut 5 teeth and that was horrid but expected.

It's been about 2 weeks of sleeping in 3 or 4 hour stretches 
and the last 3 nights have reminded me what it was like to have a newborn.
Not the froggy legs, peely skin and wonder of having baby newborn.. 
the wake-up every time I close my eyes and make me want to die newborn.

Only unlike a newborn, this one just stands up and screams.
He stands up and screams before his eyes are even fully open.
I'm not sure he can even get back down.
I'm positive that all our neighbors hate us.
We share 2 walls and a floor/ceiling.

Someone tell this will all be over soon!
~sigh~

Screen Shot 2011-08-15 at 10.01.37 PM

Despite the fact that my eyeballs sting from lack of sleep
this bout of P.I.I. keeps me from falling asleep at night.

Take last night for instance.
I was dead tired and I got on the computer while B was giving Peanut a bath.

I got sucked up in Pinterest.

When I went to bed I couldn't turn my mind off.
It raced around with ideas.

Screen Shot 2011-08-15 at 10.02.29 PM

I thought about: ideas for Peanut's 1st birthday in October,
the color scheme for the living room in the house I don't own,
the oreo cake I want to bake,
 accessories for a baby girls room... and no I'm not pregnant,
baby food combinations,
blog sites I love,
how I want my dream websites to look,
Christmas gifts,
party ideas for every event within the next 10 years,
a new stylish wardrobe,
whether I should cut my hair or grow it out,
photography ideas,
craft projects,
cupcakes, lots and lots of cupcakes,
traveling in an airstream trailer,
how much I love the colors of sea glass,
lighting options,
logo inspiration,
mason jars,
scandinavian design,
Christmas decorations and projects,
more Halloween projects,
pies,
traveling to faraway places...


Screen Shot 2011-08-15 at 10.23.02 PM

you get the idea.
If you've seen my Pinterest boards you totally understand the things I've been thinking about.

My mind just bounced around like a ping pong ball.

I couldn't turn it off.
I couldn't go to sleep.

Pinterest Induced Insomnia is a serious ailment.

I had to fight the urge to get back up and jot down some ideas... 
or worse yet... pin a few things I was thinking of.

No more Pinterest right before bed.

Pinterest Induced Insomnia.

Consider yourself warned, it could happen to you.


7 comments:

  1. No chance for me to suffer from such an ailment; my brain is not that complex - Ha! Make a playlist on your iPod of a lot of mellow music that puts you in a relaxed frame of mind and play it as you're trying to get to sleep. If it doesn't help you drift off, at least you'll (hopefully) be somewhat at ease. Steve/Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know girl it's crazy how fun it is. the chance to pick out all the things you find pretty and put them into one spot...completely contagious. i'm addicted too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha! I laughed out loud in my office at this post- and I've seen your pins and they are causing me some serious PII also! and this line- "Not the froggy legs, peely skin and wonder of having baby newborn.. the wake-up every time I close my eyes and make me want to die newborn", I am dying! Mainly cause I can relate, and I have to wonder how in the world she pulls herself up to stand without every opening her eyes and yet seems to get really pissed when I lay her back down- I don't think she knows where she is half the time! Too funny, thanks for making me laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, it is soooo addicting! I'm also addicted to Houzz. It's similar to pinterest except it's all pictures of fabulous houses and living spaces. My mind has a hard time shutting off when I try to sleep too. Lately it's been thoughts of houses and whether or not we can really afford to buy one. And all of the projects I want to do once we get in one. It's madness!

    I hope Peanut starts sleeping through the night again. You poor thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Late! Too Late!! If only I had known how doggone addictive this would be.

    Sigh.

    Now back to pinning

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am suffering from this affliction...so much interweb to pin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this disorder as well...glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips