Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 22, 2011

Don't judge me!

IMG_8389
at the OC fair

My computer is back- yay!
Life is just not the same using other people's computer.

Anyway, I came across this photo and it made me laugh.

Did you know that one more than one occasion 
people have asked me and/or my mom if the boys are twins?

Twins.

I get that they look close in age, but who in their right mind would think they are twins.

Like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito type of twins perhaps.

I also notice that I get looks when I'm pushing the boys around.

People look at me, they look at the boys, they look back at me.

In their heads they are forming ideas about how I came to have these two very different boys,
 so close together.

This happened a lot at the fair for some reason.

I've seen some whispering.
People give knowing looks.

It seems to me that the only thing to do is to pass by these people and nonchalantly mention that the boys obviously have two different dads.

Take from it what you will.

One of the vendors very nicely asked me how far apart the boys were.
When I said 3 1/2 months he burst out laughing and said what a amazing woman I was to have given birth to these boys so close together.

He told me he should be interviewing me! That we would make the Guinness book or world records!

I'm still waiting for fame and fortune.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I know exactly the looks you're talking about. They look at the girl twin, then they look at me, then they look at the Artist and then they look back at me...as if I'm the culrpit!

    I'm having a local food week with link up on Friday. Would love to see or read your take on local food. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I still get asked about Mikey and Dan. Somehow people just assume double buggy=twins!

    A friend with twins gets asked even stranger questions: Are they identical? (it's a girl and a boy) and, Did you know you were having twins? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Tooo cute! I went to visit a friend one time and we had boys 6 weeks apart. We got TONS of questions as to whether or not they were twins. Of course I didn't think they looked anything alike, and hello, two different people were holding them. It cracks me up how people jump to conclusions before hearing things like the basic, oh, facts. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Seriously!! People are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. people just think because they are both in your stroller they must both be yours. obviously not looking too close. that is so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips