Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Memphis Cafe & Bar, Costa Mesa

photo.JPG

There are just too many things on the Memphis menu that I love.  They have seriously delicious gumbo and the complimentary cornbread is awesome. 

The staff is amazing and I say that not only because we know some of the lovely ladies that work there.

Picnik collage

They had some amazing deals during restaurant week so B & I met my friend Kelly for lunch. 

On the left is the Memphis house salad with candied pecans, jicama, avocado, basil and a sherry vinaigrette.  On the right is the warm goat cheese and beet salad.  I love this salad.  On top are fried sweet potato, the goat cheese is crusted in pecans and the dressing is a garlic-buttermilk vinaigrette.
photo.JPG

Tell me this little one isn't delicious.  Meet Miss Molly!  She is the youngest of Kelly's three adorable children.  Her oldest isn't even 4 yet.  3 kids, 3 and under. 

And she still gets out the door and looks fabulous and her kids are all adorable and she gets dinner on the table and this all makes her a sort of hero... don't you think?

photo.JPG

Kelly had the pulled pork sandwich.  Please get the pulled pork sandwich.

That's really all I need to say about that.

photo.JPG

I had the popcorn shrimp tacos with pepper jack cheese and a chipotle aioli.  Lots of flavor, lightly battered with the perfect amount of texture. 
B had the massive bacon cheddar burger which is just an awesome classic burger.  I personally love the Soul Burger.

photo.JPG

Seriously guys, when do I get to eat this stuff?  I'm so hungry I could eat my own fist.

photo.JPG

We finished up with their bread pudding that I almost inhaled before I remembered I was splitting with B.
Sometimes I don't like to share... and that usually happens when we are only sharing 1 dessert.
photo.JPG

My next stop to Memphis will be for brunch!  I already have my meal planned out :)

5 comments:

  1. Complimentary corn bread should be a state law, don't you think?

    My fav is "pecan crusted goat cheese", hmmm....may have to steal that idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, dear Dawn. I need to know how you eat gorgeous stuff without becoming ENORMOUS?! Tell me your secret. I will pay.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Memphis in Santa Ana! Went there for brunch once with Miles and had $7 bottomless mimosas. Needless to say, we needed a ride home. But it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY. Everything there is SO good.
    Thanks for the props :) You are too kind.
    I feel like a crazy mess most of the time, but if I look put together on the outside, well then, that's all that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the burger in the first pic looks bigger than Peanut's head.
    Or was it really bigger than his head?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips