Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Pig's Head

IMG_0324

Several of you have been wondering what in the world B did with the pig's head that we brought home from Sacramento.

I'm gonna show you... but I'll warn you now that parental discretion is advised (if you happen to be looking at this post with a child). The last few pictures would have given me nightmares. :)

I have a very active imagination.

IMG_0087

The pig's head was originally part of this awesome roasted suckling pig dish from Peanut's Red Egg & Ginger Party. I'll tell you all about the party tomorrow. It was one of the coolest events ever.

IMG_0641

For a little while it was just sitting in our refrigerator. That's when I noticed that B had eaten the ears.

Yep, he just ate those crispy little things like chips.

Then he cut off the cheeks (one of which you see above), stuck it in the oven and ate that. I get that. Lots of soft meat, juicy fat and crisp skin. B loves fat.

When I asked him what he did with the rest of it he mentioned he froze the head. Apparently it was already cut in half, so it fit quite nicely.

IMG_0744

This is where the pictures get scary.

I wish we had a witches cauldron.

I desperately need some freezer space and our freezer is jam packed with stuff. B never throws ANYTHING away. It's very nice not to waste but I swear, we will have 2 wonton skins left and he'll freeze the suckers. We have a freezer full of random.

IMG_0746

I told him we had to clear out the freezer so he decided to use the head, along with a chicken carcass to make a stock of sorts.

Do you see what I mean about the freezer? I have no idea how he fits all of these things in it but who has a pig's head and a chicken carcass in their freezer?

Anyway, I couldn't help but poke and prod the thing with the tongs. It kinda weirded me out. I forgot to take pictures of the inside. Very...interesting.

IMG_0745

In some households this would be completely normal.

I suppose in our household it will be. Peanut will grow up with scary pig's head soup, where as I did not.

Seeing this as a child would have totally freaked me out.

Anyway, there you have it.

What did B do with the pig's head? He ate the ears like chips, broiled and ate the cheeks and cooked down the heads for stock.

11 comments:

  1. WHAT? I don't even know what to say now, but WHAT???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are so calm and accepting and okay with it. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK ,,,can't wait to hear about the party!!! ,,,and where's Peanut? luvuallbye

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I don't know what I would do if I came home to find the hubby eating pigs ears or a head on the stove! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I feel so much better knowing what he did with that thing now... LOL

    I can't wait to hear about the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I love to come over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your posts - so fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I just couldn't do it and I like fat too. I have never seen one before. IY YI YI:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And people look at me weirdly when I say my Grandpa makes the best pig tails....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I love this post! I admit that the last couple photos did give me the heebie-jeebies... but that cheek seriously looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since I'm mexican, I know all about eating all things Pig! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips