Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 here we come!

IMG_5694

I can't believe its nearly 2010. It seems like this year has just flown by.

In this past year I've planned a wedding, reconnected with friends, tried new foods, planned a wedding, seen new places, celebrated being 1 year out from breast cancer treatment, planned a wedding, started this blog, planned a wedding, folded cranes, ventured to Sacramento and San Francisco, met all of you here in blogland and planned a wedding. I turned 30 years old. I baked and ate and baked some more. I purchased my camera. (it may have been a life changing experience) Did I mentioned I also planned a wedding? It really did seem to be the focus of the year. An entire year of preparations.

Then I got married. I married the perfect man for me. Oh we had such a wonderful wedding. Is it all just a dream?

I want to always remember where I am right now. I think I may be one of the luckiest people in the world. I also want to thank you for letting me share all of it. Thank you for letting me show you 984 pictures of my dinner. Thank you for listening to 2978 stories of my wedding planning (and its not over my friends). Thank you for letting me burst into spontaneous applause.

I realize that not all of you had the best year on record. I realize that this time of year isn't easy for everyone.

Whatever 2009 brought you, lets all look towards 2010 with hope and happiness. From the bottom of my heart I am wishing you all a very lovely (and safe) New Years.

P.S. I'm taking special requests for wishes to be made in the magical place called New Zealand. There isn't anything that feels more sacred to me than untouched nature. There is something about standing in the open and letting the breeze carry your thoughts and wishes and prayers away. Its invigorating, its sweet, its magical. You can always email me your thoughts and I'll take them with me as we travel...

16 comments:

  1. New Year blessing to you too!!!
    Have a fabulous, transcendent time in NZ.

    Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your tales :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! You did have a busy, but wonderful year! I'm so happy for you!
    Have a great trip, my girl! I'll be thinking of you!
    Take along my wish(es), please ...

    Peace
    Kind-heartedness
    Love
    Prosperity

    Happy New Year, Mrs. B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo ooo...pick me

    I wish that someday we can eat together at the same dang table...amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is one of the highlights of my year. A celebration of life and love--it doesn't get much better than that! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had quite a year! Thanks for sharing so much of it with us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU for all the wonderful reads and for sharing your joie de vivre (somehow this is always the term that comes to mind when I think of you!) with all of us.

    Here's to you and B and a most blessed 2010 for you.

    Have a great trip and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure the new year is ushering in great for you with your honeymoon! Have a great time and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank YOU for sharing your life with us. I loved every bit of the wedding planning. And now I get to plan my own YAYYYYY! I may just bug you for advice from time to time.

    Enjoy New Zealand, your new husband and the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the thought of my thoughts wishes and prayers gently floating away on the NZ breeze! There is so much hope & peacefulness in nature isn't there. So much of God's presence. I'm so happy you get to be there & experience it! Thanks for letting me take glimpses into your life. If you could take along a thought for me it's that we'd all be able to feel many many moments of that peace and hope in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys have a total BLAST in New Zealand! Many blessings to you in 2010 and you should totally wish for Baby Dust while you're out in the wild blue yonder. ;) Lots and lots of Baby Dust. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a wonderful year! I am so happy for you. Have a great honeymoon and we will be waiting to hear all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Dawn that was a touching post...made me tear up a little. I just love you and I feel like I really do know you. Isn't it strange that blogging has that magical ability to bring people together and forge friendships?! Anyway girlie I hope you have an absolute ball on your getaway... I will surely be praying for you and your honey. Safe travels and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for letting us in and sharing happiness, miles of smiles, laughter, tears and the weirdest food combos going. Life would be dull without you!

    Happy New Year!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I hope you have a BLAST!! Praying for safe travels and lots of love and good memories for you guys. I can not wait to hear all about it when you return. And I mean ALL about it!!

    So glad I met you this year though blogging... I look forward to your posts every day and if I could only pick a few blogs to read, yours would be in that list every day. I love your fun and sweet heart and can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

    Happy new year and Safe travels!
    Sash

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of love? I don't know exactly what I meant there... probably not what it sounds like I meant... but then again, it IS your honeymoon...


    Sorry. I can't understand where these words come from.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been so busy doing nothing much that I haven't been around to visit my friends in too long. So, though my wishes are late, I mean them with my whole heart. May your year be filled with laughter. May all your surprises be happy ones. May you remember to count your blessings. May you know each day how very much you are loved. Happy new year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips