Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Welcome Bags

Rehearsal 065

When we decided to have our wedding December 5th we knew it would be a bit inconvenient for some. Just after Thanksgiving and in the midst of the holiday season people schedules are just packed.

We were so grateful for so many friends and family to make the trek down to Huntington Beach for the weekend we just wanted a little something waiting for them when they arrived.

Rehearsal 094

So we decided to make them little welcome bags! Its was mainly B's idea, I must say.

Rehearsal 111

B has the greatest group of friends. These 2 had come in early and stayed with us on Thursday and were very helpful.

In the picture above they are actually putting cookies in bags and curling ribbon.

Rehearsal 112

Can I tell you how cute it is to see a bunch of guys standing around curling ribbons?

Rehearsal 117

Also in the bags I included directions to every single place we were going during the weekend.

Rehearsal 118

B brewed some beer especially for the wedding. Do you recognize the picture?

Its his own recipe and I thought it was really good.

Rehearsal 123

I included a handwritten thank you note. We have the best friends and family ever.

Rehearsal 120

We also included snacks like peanut butter crackers, chips, granola bars and jerky.

Rehearsal 116

It wasn't anything fancy. We just wanted to get the point across that we were thinking of them.

Rehearsal 114

Then the guys dropped them off at the hotel to be given to guests as they checked in.

We received quite a few compliments on them. Its such a simple gesture with a big impact... and if you were more organized than I was you could make them really personal or appropriate to your wedding celebration.

Plus, I love giving gifts. Isn't it just the best?!

14 comments:

  1. The welcome bags looked awesome and what a thoughtful (and I'm sure most welcome) idea.

    Hope you had a very special Christmas with B and with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea to make your out of town guests feel welcome .. Plus the directions! So thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "I Do" beer!! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I like to do something similar when we have people stay with us. Put a little basket with bottled water, snacks and such on the bed so they don't have to feel awkward if they're thirsty/hungry in the middle of the night, even though the pantry is always open. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea and a wonderful thank you gift. You know us southerners really believe in thank you's etc. I know everyone loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea! I'm not at all surprised that you did something so thoughtful... that just seems to be very "you." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those bags!!! and the beer? ohmygoshsospecial.

    I love you guys, why are you so cute anyway? is it because your tiny? I wish I was cute like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean it wasn't nothing fancy? Girl, that was the fanciest, sweetest gesture of all. I only wish I was one of the guests coming from out of town! :)

    B brews his own beer? I'm impressed!

    You both are the cutest couple of all. I definitely vote you two as couple of the year...move over Brad and Angelina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet gifts - I bet they loved them! Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a lucky recipient of one of these lovely gift bags, I must say I was blown away by your thoughtfulness and amazing execution! (now that I see how it was done, yes, you and Craig have amazing friends and family!)

    Love your blog, Dawn...welcome to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful idea! I will definitely steal it. My youngest is looking at a 2012 date and her sis has a semi-serious beau so who knows... I have loved sharing your engagement, wedding and all...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome!!! What a very thoughtful gesture on your end!! That is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips