Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Peanut's Book Journal



Back in September for some unknown reason 
I decided that I should be cataloging the books that Peanut is reading.
Or that I am reading to Peanut.  Or that we are reading together, depending on how you look at it.

I think it had something to do with discovering the Goodreads scanner on my phone.  I spent an hour that night scanning books in a frenzy.





And so I signed Peanut up for Goodreads and started rating and sorting.

Then I started separating them into bookshelves of holidays, favorite illustrations, etc.  Both for my own references and for other parents who ask me for recommendations.

I couldn't even begin to remember all the library books we've checked out over the last few years.  
I'm glad to keep track now so that I may find and revisit old favorites.
We randomly pick up a lot of books as we pass shelves at the library and sometimes we have a hard time remembering what they were months later.







We don't review books until we've had them a few weeks.  
Like food, I find that kids are sometimes uninterested the first time around.

As we go through and fill out reviews, I've separated them into both "Mommy" and "Peanut" reviews… because we obviously don't always have the same taste.  
Ratings are averaged between the 2 of us.

Sometimes we revisit old books and he really takes to them all of a sudden.
Some books are instant classics for the both of us.




Won't this be great to look back on when he gets older?
Or is it just me in my book nerdiness?

So if you want to keep up with our book reviews
 you can find us on Goodreads HERE!



I'd love suggestions for books to read!

We are always looking for something new and I love hearing what your family favorites are.

3 comments:

  1. YES!!! I LOVE this! Especially that Peanut has his own goodreads account. How fun! I am definitely hopping on board. Um, there's a goodreads app for your phone?? Oh lordie. I am in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And it allows you to scan your books into your account!

      Delete
  2. So fun! My girls recently fell in love with The Wide-Mouthed Frog. It's a really easy, short book, but has some really fun pop-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips