Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 24, 2010

Let's play catch?

IMG_3012

While we were in Sacramento I found some of the family snuck away for a minute while we were getting ready to go eat.

IMG_3002

As I watched 3 generations throwing and catching the balls...

IMG_3008

I wondered if being a parent means that I need to learn how to do these things.

IMG_3010

Really, I would need to learn. I can't throw or catch.

My parents like to remind me that it's easier to catch if I don't flinch and close my eyes.

I think it has to do with my paranoia of eyeball injuries. There has to be a phobia name for that. I'm just being honest, I might need therapy.

IMG_3013

Either way, I'm sure that my throwing or catching will most definitely result in this... 10 minutes of searching thru bushes.

B says we'll start practicing now.

Unless twirling is an acceptable means of passing the time.

I can twirl with the best of them.

12 comments:

  1. You can always be the photographer and cheerleader while B plays with peanut! You know support their play with snacks and adding pictures to your scrapbook right?


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, catching is for Daddy, twirling is for Momma. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Though I don't think our boys will be into twirling too much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't play catch with my girls...oops! See you just do what comes natural:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm with the rest of 'em--let B have a catch with Peanut. You can teach Peanut the glories of salted butterscotch shortbread bars. Mmmmmmmmmmm forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, you can always be the photographer. But if you do, NEVER close your eyes when you are catching...that's the fastest way to get a black eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can throw and catch kisses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! you know how obsessed Dan is with football (soccer!) - I've had to hone my skills. It's a little embarrassing when your two year old says "try again, mummy" when you've done a terrible kick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Watching mommy twirl will probably entertain him for a few years before he's ready to play catch!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't catch. I flinch too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't catch either, but I can cheer, and I can twirl!!! In fact, I did plenty of that last night, at my son's baseball game! And he looked over at his Mama every time he went up to bat... and even waved at me from third base. (His daddy was coaching and yet he always knew right where I was, with my eye on him every second, cheering my heart out for him!) There is a definite need for twirling cheerleaders in this world... don't you forget it girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn,

    Please help me spread the word of a sister in Christ who so desperately needs help with a limited amount of time left.

    http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-request.html

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're going to need a girl for maximum twirling entertainment! Although, I will say, when my oldest child (a boy) was 2, he would go round and round while singing, "round and round and round and round and rooouuund!" and then he would stop and fall over because he was so dizzy. It was very entertaining for all of us, and no worries, he has turned out to be quite intelligent despite his early questionable start!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips