Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ink Eats & Drinks, Sacramento

IMG_2643

Ink Eats & Drinks

I have 3 words for you: Bloody. Mary. Bar. !!!

IMG_2644

But first, let's take a look around the place. As you can imagine from a place called Ink it has a tatoo motif. On the ceiling are panels with pin-up style inked up gals.

IMG_2645

This is the view from booth looking towards the bar.

IMG_2647

The walls are custom painted to lend itself to the theme.

IMG_2648

But really, the highlight of this post is the never-before-seen-by-me bloody mary bar. When our super sexy and totally adorable server offered the bloody mary bar we all looked at each other with interest. Bloody Mary's were only $7 with the option for an additional shot for $2.

She brought the vodka over ice and the additional shot separately so you can basically make 2 bloody mary's for $9. I've never heard of such a deal! And for the record when it was time for that second round she brough fresh glasses of ice.

Oh I almost forgot to mention that they also have endless mimosa's and $2 screwdrivers on Sat & Sun as well.

IMG_2649

Blue cheese stuffed olives. Heaven.

IMG_2650

Basically a counter is set up with everything you could ever want/need in your ultimate Bloody Mary. You start with a choice of plain tomato juice or bloody mary mix.

IMG_2653

Then you work your way around and add all your favorites. B makes fantastic bloody mary's, I must say.

IMG_2654

Everyone gets to make a bloody mary exactly to their liking.

This post could be a drinking game in which you have to take a big gulp of your bloody mary whenever I say bloody mary.

IMG_2655

Different seasoning and salts with your choice of hot sauce.

Disclaimer: I don't usually focus this much on drinking. I don't think. I'm actually not much of a drinker. But you know how it is when you can't have something.

IMG_2671

A variety of olives, celery, asparagus, lemons, limes, horseradish, hot mustard....

never in my life have I wanted a bloody mary as bad as I did that day. Darn this peanut!

Anyway, totally great idea, no? Talk about sprucing up your next brunch! Wouldn't this be a great spread to wake-up to as a hangover cure while on vacation? I'm just sayin'.

IMG_2661

They have a pretty extensive drink list as well. Apparently they are open until 4 am on the weekends. I must also add that by taking a look around at the cleanliness of the place, you would never know the crazy hours they are open thru the week. Good job Ink.

IMG_2677

I say mom's salad was the winner. Tri tip salad with red onion. corn, tomato, queso fresco, cilantro and chipotle ranch dressing. Totally delicious and there was a lot of meat tossed in there.

IMG_2679

Dad had the Huevos Rancheros served with black beans. It was tasty and I love the presentation.

IMG_2680

B opted for just a simple sausage and egg breakfast but I really loved the potatoes. Crisp on the outside and cooked perfectly.

Food photography tip: Always remove dirty napkins from the camera view. Thank you.

IMG_2682

I had the grilled chicken club with tomato and bacon and it was very yummy. Everyone at the table declared the fries to be amazing. Thin, crispy, delicious.

So there you have it. Great prices, great atmosphere, great service.

So head to Midtown and check out Ink.

12 comments:

  1. That's my kind of place. I love bloody marys, and that price is awesome! I think I would have a few too many there though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog. I found you through "enjoying the small things" and love your blog already! Just thought I'd say hello. This place looks amazing by the way!

    aleeanddan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the look of your mom's salad and then I read that it had cilantro and queso fresco.... Those 2 ingredients alone make that salad a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a bloody mary... tomato juice grosses me out! Which is weird because I love tomatoes and will eat them at any given opportunity.

    TR insists that a bloody mary is not an alcoholic version of V8 (GAG ME), and you like them too, so maybe I'll give them a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!!! I can't handle bloody mary's though... my best neighbor loves them though and makes them for our monthly "Porch time" which we have once a month and sit out on the front porch sipping something and giggling about all the other neighbors who didn't make it. (No nasty gossiping though! Only fun stuff we'd say if they were with us) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I must be hungry cause everything looked so good and I say that Bloody Mary bar is heaven, a wonderful idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could head down there to check them out. Yuuuum! That salad is crazy big.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love Bloody Marys! Did you have the mix minus the shot? I've purchased just blood mary mix and had that with olives when I didn't feel like drinking alcohol. That's how much I love Bloody Marys. Yum! This bar sounds like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I would have never thought places like this exist except in fine hotels during their happy hours. I will have to check this place out.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I want to come hang in your part of town. I was just reading about a few restaurants out there in my Saveur Magazine Im jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious!! Blue cheese stuffed olives....oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that I don't drink but that place looks great. The food all looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips