Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#11 / 52 Food Adventures: Swordfish Carpaccio


Last week my parents and I went to Canaletto Ristorante in Fashion Island 
and this was my favorite dish of the night.

House-cured Swordfish Carpaccio with sliced fresh artichokes and something crunchy and something green.

Our menu didn't give a full description and I forgot to ask the server.  

Actually, I was avoiding speaking to (or making eye contact with) the server.  He was quite the actor and I couldn't handle the overly animated "Italian" service.  
He was a nice guy, really, I just didn't have the energy. :)

I loved the flavor in this dish, I loved the swordfish and I loved the texture.

What did you try this week?

I believe next week will be dishes with lemon and/or lime thyme... 
that is if I don't kill my plants before then.  Any recipe suggestions?


  1. I'm still in winter mode here, so not too many suggestions...Maybe chicken piccata? always nice in spring!

  2. You are so adventurous. I had roasted plantain chips from trader Joe's this week...so good. That was brave for me...ha!


Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips