Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 20, 2010

Forget the birds and the bees

Parental Discretion Advised!

IMG_6023

This is the book to have. Printed in 1975 and apparently my brother's book, this resurfaced and I just couldn't see it thrown away.

I'm going to show you some of the pictures from the book. I am not going to show you all of the pictures because I don't want to get banned from blogger. :)

IMG_6024

"Try not to be embarassed. These changes happen to everyone."

IMG_6025

"But first a word from your hormones..."

This part talks about your lively hormones, what hormones are and what they do.

IMG_6029

"Puberty is pretty much the same the whole world over."

This is the portion of the book where I started to laugh hysterically. They tackle "the world's most embarassing questions" and believe me... there are a lot of embarassing questions.

IMG_6030

"You and your breasts, the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

IMG_6032

"Breasts, like women, come in all shapes and sizes."

I'd say that mine used to fall in line with lady #5 but then I had the lumpectomy and they now fall in the direction of lady #4 and I'm thinking after Peanut is born they I'll have one in it's original state (due to radiation) and the other in the state of perhaps lady #2.

And you know I'll tell you all about it because I am learning that what filter I had is just wearing away.

IMG_6034

On top of the embarassing questions they talk about things like body odor and pimples. Can't leave those out.

IMG_6033

Bwahahaha! A little story for you. Once when I was little, my mom and I were browsing thru a jewelry store when I spotted an Italian horn pendant like this.

I pointed and very loudly announced Sperm!

And then we left the store.

Apparently it's also called Cornicello and is some type of protectional charm. I still think it looks like a sperm.

IMG_6037

I'm telling you, the best parts aren't even posted.

I'm so glad I don't have to think about these things for a long, long time. If you do, I'd be happy to send you over some more visual aids. Heh.

IMG_6035

13 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. That is just hilarious and it must be preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I need to get something like that for my daughter, she is 11 and the women in our family mature early ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L to the O to the L. The caption above the sperm just about made me choke on my coffee. Then I clicked on the pendant link...HAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Ahem.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, I had to check out the pendant..
    too funny! That book is a classic. Yes, you must hold on to it! I love how it's done w/ such humor - something very helpful when discussing "those" topics :D -T

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo funny. I had this talk with Big chick a while ago. I included everything...like childbirth, menstration etc.... She was interested. Her final response to it all was ewwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I love those pendants... but now I won't ever be able to appreciate the same way! ;p

    You should totally check out Babette Cole's "Mommy Laid an Egg." I got it when J was still a baby... not for him, but more for me. It was totally hilarious! I'm just praying now that I remember where I put it before J finds it and reads it before he's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this book. I bought it for my kids... Now grown. I have to say my very, very, very favorite drawings are the drawings in the locker room. Hehehe... So true. I think it is a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That has got to be the BEST book ever. Hehehe. I totally identify with Lady #5. I'm going to have to find me a copy of this book for my kids when they hit that age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! That is sooo funny!! Oh.my.goodness, do I really have to talk about that stuff with my kids?!?!?! Without laughing?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll be surprised exactly how quickly that book will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hilarious. Wouldn't that book embarrass someone going through puberty? It is funny as an adult. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am DYING laughing over these illustrations. I LOVE it! Of course, I want to see those other pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word! My mil gave my husband a book by the same auther/illustrator when he was little and it's called "Where did I come from?" It's hilarious and obscenely graphic. I can only imagine the pictures you left out! Ha!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips