Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy V-day/New Years/Presidents Day!

DawnCraig  1034

I hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's day and a happy Chinese new year! Oh and Happy Presidents Day! I'm still recovering from a food coma and a night with very little sleep (darn neighbors and their partying) so todays' post will be a quick one!

As two former restaurant workers B and I spent our first 4 Valentine's days working. Now we really appreciate not being anywhere near a restaurant on Valentine's day.

DawnCraig  1039

Although, I've decided that it may be cheaper to go to a fine dining restaurant on V-day than it is to let B loose in Whole Foods. I'm still too full to get into what he brought home.

DawnCraig  1052

I made Meyer Lemon & Strawberry ice cream yesterday and the lemons were so huge and juicy that I still have a ton left.

Any meyer lemon recipe suggestions? Or favorite lemon recipes would work and I could just cut back on the sugar. Thanks so much!

How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Margaritas!!!!! and then invite me over! Found the recipe over here: http://melissamckelvey.com/?p=343#comment-544

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I think I enjoyed that Valentine's Day was on a Sunday because it took a lot of pressure off of men to impress their women at work. It was nice, we just stayed at home and enjoyed the celebration with our kids and each other.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ice cream sounds fantastic! Our closest Whole Foods is 2.5 hours away - it's probably a good thing, too...Wish I had some recipes for ya, but I just don't do much with lemons, besides make fresh lemonade or lemon/mint tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google meyer lemon to find out for sure what that is. Now I know. I also saw a recipe w/ photo for a "Lemon, yogurt, anything cake" by Smitten Kitten that looked heavenly. Anyway, those lemon bars over to the right sure look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I bet that was wonderful!

    ... Lemon meringue pie, lemon bars, lemon poppyseed muffins,
    roasted chicken with lemons (Ina Garten), lemonade ...
    I need to go out and buy some lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how good dinner was! Great photo album. What a treasured keepsake:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add Vodka. I mean to the lemons- Add vodka to the lemons. That is the only advice I can think of for lemons right this minute. I think that pretty much tells you where I'm at right about now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dawn---I have a great lemon pie recipe---I never really liked lemon meringue pie until I found this recipe---I'll type it up hopefully tomorrow and send it to your e-mail address---of course, everytime I come here I see those lemon bars starring me in the face---that would be a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you making your notebooks into photo albums? How neat! :)

    I made lemon cupcakes and brought them to a play date. J's friend took one bite and said, "Yuck!" but his 9-yr old sister, bless her, said, "D doesn't like lemons, but I love them. Thank you so much for bringing these." Gotta love a little lady with impeccable manners. And then she proceeded to wolf down FIVE of them! She even asked her mom is she could bring them to school the next day for her snack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...my favorite lemon recipe is this: Vodka+Lemonade+Muddled Raspberries. Just a suggestion ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips