Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

#17 & 18 / 52 Food Adventures: Salmon Shabu Shabu & Tasti D'lite

IMG_5975

Salmon Shabu Shabu!

I can't even recall the last time I had Shabu Shabu but I know I've never had salmon, or any kind of fish for that matter.  I'm sure I must've had shabu shabu at some point.

I went to California Shabu Shabu in Costa Mesa (full post on Eating the Orange coming soon)
and this was absolutely heaven.

Some I cooked all the way thru, some cooked just lightly on the outside and then dipped in a garlic ponzu.
So delicious.


IMG_6003

I also tried Tasti D'lite!  It's a huge east coast chain that is making it's debut on the west coast.

It's not ice cream because it doesn't have the milk fat and it's not frozen yogurt because it lacks the yogurt cultures.  All natural and completely delicious.  Think ice cream made with skim milk.

What have you tried lately?

1 comment:

  1. Salmon looks good and the Tasti D lite too! No new tries for me but enjoying fresh Michigan Aspargas by the bunches . . .

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips